The aim for Medical and Dental Council of Namibia is to provide for the establishment and constitution of a professional Council for the Medical and Dental professions; to determine the powers, duties and functions of such Council; to regulate the registration of persons practicing in the Medical and Dental professions; to specify the education, training and qualifications of persons practicing such professions; to prohibit the practicing of such professions without being registered; and to provide for matters incidental thereto.
PROCEDURES RELATING TO REGISTRATION OF MEDICAL INTERNS
- Applicant must submit an application for registration as medical intern to the office of the Registrar in a prescribed form.
- Application must be accompanied by:
- Copies of academic qualifications dully certified by a Commissioner of Oaths.
- Academic/subjects transcript
- Proof of citizenship
- English translated documents plus foreign language documents.
- Proof of payment of non-refundable application fee.
- 3.All foreign trained Namibian medical graduates must undergo a pre-internship written and oral evaluation in order to determine the basic medical knowledge and skills in the following domains:
- i.General Medicine,
- ii.General surgery,
- iii.Obstetrics and Gynecology and ,
- Registration of Medical Interns is done only twice a year in January and September.
- Due to limited space at approved training Hospitals, priority is given to Namibian citizens.
Medical And Dental Council
First National Bank
Business Cheque Account: 62072396049
Branch Code: 281872
Swift Code: FIRNNANX